It’s true. I totally made something that was healthy’ish. And look at that side of broccoli. Damn, that’s some healthy eating right there. When the So Delicious people asked if I’d like to throw some recipes their way, I said sure! After all, I do have an almond problem and that includes almond milk. So why not start using it wherever I can. Namely, in a creamy, dreamy gluten-free, dairy-free fettucine alfredo.
One thing I’ve been doing for awhile now is using millet flour when I make a rue. For some reason the millet does the trick. I heart millet. And instead of milk, I grabbed that So Delicious almond milk. Yum to the yum-yum. Sure it’s exciting to transform a formerly decadent meal into a g-free, d-free wonder. But you know what’s even more exciting?
Winning a freaking foodie trip to Red Mountain Resort in St. George, Utah. Yep, that’s a free trip. You can vote every day to enter this contest. Every day, you click on this link vote for me, and you’re entered to win a fab vacation. Oh, and you get a coupon just for voting. Nice.
So how do you make this? Like so.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Lemon Fettucine Alfredo
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
8 oz gluten-free fettuccine
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp millet flour
2 cups So Delicious® Dairy Free Original Almond Plus Almond Milk
2 tsp fresh nutmeg
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil water and cook gluten-free fettuccine noodles until al dente, approximately 8–10 minutes.
2. Add olive oil to medium sauce pan and heat on medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add millet flour and whisk constantly to mix.
3. Turn heat on sauce pan down to medium, and add So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Milk one cup at a time, constantly whisking.
4. Continue whisking until the roux begins to thicken, adding salt, nutmeg, and pepper as you mix. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice in the last few minutes of cooking.
5. Remove sauce from heat, and combine with the cooked noodles in a large bowl, and mix well.
Serve with fresh ground pepper.
Makes: 6 servings